DIY Gift or Thank You Tags Tutorial
Finally, I got the time to write my DIY tutorial for gift tags. There’s a lot been going on – Freelance work, re-arranging the house, designing Karma’s own room etc – and hence, personal blog kinda took a back seat.
But I’m here now! So if you remember, we threw an outdoor garden tea party for Karma’s 2nd birthday. For return gifts, I went with stuffed mason jars named Karma’s Jar of Joy. I also made personalised candy/chocolate bar wrappers for which the tutorial is already up.
As promised, here are the steps to design your own gift or thank you tags. These are actually a lot simpler and easier than the chocolate wrappers and look really cute.
1. Open new Microsoft Power Point document and choose Blank Slide. Go to File -> Page Set Up. Adjust size of the slide to the measurements you need. I filled in 5 cms x 10 cms for my gift tags. Choose vertical layout.
2. Right click on the slide and select Format Background and Fill it with a colour you want your tags to be. I made tags in 3 different colours – white, pastel pink and light grey. Started with white and kept changing the background later.
Note: If you choose white, insert a border as well to make cutting later easy.
3. Add a text box at the top of the tag. Type in your message or title in font, colour and size you desire. Eg: Karma’s Jar of Joy.
4. Insert an image if you want. It could be theme related or a photo. Eg: We inserted a super girl bunny image that was also on her chocolate wrappers and welcome sign.
5. Add another text box and list down contents of the jar or a thank you note. If you are doing bake jars, you can type in instructions. Eg: We listed contents.
6. Save the slide.
7. Now copy paste the slide on to a Word document. Right click -> Format Picture -> Size. Fill in earlier measurements again (5x10cms in my case) and save.
8. Now just copy paste the final image on the same document as many times as will fit on one A4 sheet.
9. Print on colour printer.
10. Cut in shape of tags and punch a hole using a puncher to run your string through.
And you’re done! Hang or stick them on your return gifts or party favours for that extra cuteness!!! 😉