Vilah Bloom Cafe Crossover Diaper Bag Review
Karan and I love to travel and nothing changed after Karma was born. Karma is almost 2.5 years old and has been to 10 countries already. It’s not always easy to travel with a baby or toddler but there are some essentials that can soften the process. An absolute must when you go anywhere with a baby or toddler is a diaper bag. For our trip to Karma’s 10th country – USA; I took the Cafe Crossover by Vilah Bloom. Here is my detailed diaper bag review of the same.
Just like the description on Vilah Bloom site says, its a diaper bag with hidden perks. It has a faux vegan leather exterior with gold trims and looks stunning. But more than it’s stylish look, this bag is loaded with features. There are so many storage spaces that I’ll cover them all in separate sub heading! The diaper bag also comes with a wipes dispenser case and an exceptionally large, plush changing mat which I just loved! The best part is, the Cafe Crossover can be worn 3 ways – Cross body, tote and backpack.
When I’m traveling, my main requirement for a diaper bag is that it can be carried as a backpack. I prefer taking just one bag with me so my diaper bag has to be my day bag, evening bag, tote bag, backpacking bag and of course, diaper bag! 😉 The Cafe Crossover with it’s chic look and varied usability met all these criteria perfectly.
Pockets, pockets and more pockets
I like stuff in my bags to be sorted and organised. That is one of the reasons I loved the Cafe Crossover. It has so many pockets that you can easily organise everything you need for a full day out.
- Insulated pockets in front – Super handy to keep food or bottles warm/cold for your child. Since the pockets are zippered and separate from other pockets, we even used them to safely stash our IDs and passports.
- 2 Stowaway pockets for storing handles when not in use – I used these pockets for easy access to my lip balm, phone and napkins as well.
- Large exterior pocket on the back for storing backpack straps – It can also be used for magazines, tablet or in my case, my mac air.
- Interior pockets – There are 2 large ones and 2 medium sized ones. From baby stuff like extra clothes, diapers and snacks to mom stuff like wallet and sunglasses, everything was easily organised and within reach in the main access of the diaper bag. Full points!
- Zipper interior pocket – This small zippered pocket inside held things like extra hair clips and bands, coins, bandaids etc that are usually difficult to find. It became my go-to place for such stuff.
- 2 Interior bottle pockets – The pockets that are used to tuck away ends of the stroller loops are in fact bottle pockets and there are 2 of them. So easy to store a bottle of water and milk each.
Phew! Didn’t I tell you it’s raining pockets! I actually did up using each and every one of those pockets as we were away for over 2 weeks and would be out sightseeing all day. So there was tons of things that I packed daily.
There are additional features that make the daily hustle-bustle a little easier. Some of my favourite ones are:
- Key or Pacifier Clip Inside – We are out of the pacifier stage but having a clip to secure my keys makes finding them easier. Instead of digging around for them, I would just pull the loop up from inside and unclip my keys. It’s the small details that make a big difference.
- Stroller Loops – I would usually just use the shoulder strap to hang the bag on my stroller. But if you have detached the shoulder strap and are carrying the bag as a tote or backpack, then you can easily use the stroller loops to hang it on the handle bars. Oh and the stroller loops have adjustable lengths too! 😉
- Expandable Zippered Sides – If you need more space to pack more things, then you can expand the bag capacity by opening the zipper that runs from one side to another across the bottom of the bag. Just like expandable suitcases.
- Wipes Dispenser – This was a life saver on our trip. I use a gazillion wipes per day and the dispenser made it so convenient. Just lift the flat and pull out a wipe. I never liked wipe dispensers before but this one worked perfectly.
- Diaper Mat – It’s huge and soft. It’s also easy to clean and fold. The padding made changing diapers on rough surfaces an easy process and it folds up really compact.
Diaper Bag Review Rating
The only suggestion I would make is adding a magnetic clip at the top so that the edges don’t droop showing a gap while carrying it as a backpack. There is a zipper so all the stuff is safe and it still looks nice. Hence, it’s really not a shortcoming. But might make it look more perched-up as a back pack. Other than that, this bag is awesome – diaper bag that doesn’t look like a diaper bag and is super efficient. What more could a momma want?!!?
The diaper bag was sent to me by Vilah Bloom and I didn’t pay for it. However, the views and comments shared are my own. I will never recommend anything to my readers that I won’t use for myself or my family.